Help us create an extraordinary theatergoing experience for our patrons—and enjoy incredible perks throughout the season. Whether you volunteer in our office, help with a special event, or usher at a performance, your investment of time and energy makes you a star in our book!
Our most popular volunteer opportunity is our usher group. Ushers serve as goodwill ambassadors by welcoming and assisting patrons before a performance, helping student groups at an educational show, or performing other duties as necessary to ensure that every patron’s experience is safe and enjoyable.
• Provide general information about The Grand Opera House.
• Ensure that guests are properly seated and late seating policies are followed.
• Assist with guest seating and ticketing situations.
• Responsible for handing out programs, stuffers, etc.
• Assist with the enforcement of the camera/tape policy for each event.
• Alert House Management to any guest’s special needs or emergency situations.
• Adhere to a strict dress code as explained during Orientation.
• Other duties as assigned by House Management.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have professional demeanor and neat appearance.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Must possess an interest in and enthusiasm for the performing arts.
• Must be willing to serve all patrons with care and respect.
• Must arrive on time and complete required duties of all assignments.
• Must attend Volunteer Orientation annually.
How to Apply
If you have strong interest and available time to serve The Grand Opera House, please call The Grand at (478) 301-5460 or complete the form below. House Manager Jill Vanderhoek will contact you.
Thanks for investing your time and energy with us!